Image Source: pxhere.com
Sooner or later, any company that wants to increase its influence and profit must choose such a product type as an application. What is a mobile app, and how it works? Do you know which type of web applications are more suitable for Angular framework? How can analytics help in app development? The article below will answer all these questions and more.
What Is Mobile App?
A mobile application is software installed on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Mobile applications are usually downloaded from special stores like the App Store or Google Play. In rare cases, the installation is made from unofficial sources, but this carries the risk of infecting the device with malicious programs.
Advantages of the Mobile Application
The advantages of the mobile application include the following:
- Simplified interaction with the user. The application can send push notifications and is located on the device, facilitating communication with the user.
- Possibility of more accurate personalization. Since the application is already installed on the device, if necessary, a more precise analysis of the user’s actions and saving of the user’s data must be possible.
- Use of unique device functions. The mobile application can use the unique functionality of a smartphone or tablet, increasing the convenience and comfort of the user.
Types of Mobile Applications
Let’s consider two types of applications: cross-platform and native.
A cross-platform application is a program that can work on different operating systems. Despite its apparent appeal, cross-platform application development is usually used at the initial stages. Then, when you need to test the application’s demand, the native version is already being developed.
A native application is a type of mobile application that is developed strictly for a specific operating system. Such development is more expensive. It requires a complex web app tech stack but allows you to personalize the application as much as possible, making it comfortable for the user.
Application Development Process
Let’s find out in detail about each stage of developing a mobile application:
Product analytics. Here, the app development company requests the customer’s description and vision of the project. This stage includes the analysis of the target audience, competitors, a study of the user’s portrait, etc. This is necessary to create a product that will function stably and become in demand for the selected audience.
Specification and graphic prototype. This stage is carried out to determine the technical requirements and a set of tools for the development, which the developers can implement later. This includes requirements for system logic, functionality, etc. This is necessary to select the most profitable development strategy, which will be optimal.
Assessment and planning. The final work plan, the cost, and the implementation period of the application become apparent at this stage. You consider all the nuances and the mobile application’s operation principle.
Application design. At this stage, immediate work on the application begins. The team works on developing custom design concepts. In addition, they can add interface animation to make the service more “live.” The purpose of the stage is to create not only a beautiful but also a functional design.
Programming. After approval of the design, the team begins to develop the mobile application’s functionality according to the tech stack. The customer has the right to follow each step of the app development progress. In agreement with the project manager, meetings are held to monitor the work on the project.
Testing. Before starting the project, you must ensure the application has no bugs. To do this, the mobile application functions are tested in several stages for correct operation without errors. Testing is carried out both manually and with the help of special services.
Launching the application. This is the final stage of project implementation. The application is being prepared for launch and moderated in the application store. Then it will be published and available to users!
Why Is Programming an Advanced Stage of App Development?
The task of the stage is to implement the product. At the same time, it is vital to consider future needs. For example, lay the system’s architecture for further product scaling or high load.
How Can You Know If Your Business Needs An App?
- Mobile application development should be chosen based on your goals and preferences.
- Developing a mobile application will be an excellent solution if you need complex functionality and personalization for the client.
- Also, the application for mobile devices is worth considering if you need a simple service without Internet access and user data collection. For example, an application for writing text notes.
- There are cases when the website of a project or company needs to be updated in terms of design and functionality. Then it is also possible to develop a mobile application that will be more relevant.
A mobile application is a software that is installed on a mobile device.
The advantages of the mobile application include simplified interaction with the user, the possibility of more accurate personalization, and the use of unique device functions.
The development of a mobile application should be chosen based on your tasks, goals, and needs.
Also Read: How Does Google AI Work?